Friday, March 09, 2007

Port Hedland

Chicko has moved to Port Hedland, I am yet to visit but have spent some time trying to find photos and so far this is all i have got.

I think this picture is of a big salt pile and from what i understand the whole town is covered in red dust and looks like the first photo.

The other picture is a lot nicer but i think it is a trick so you think Port Hedland is a lovely place, as the name describes there is a massive Port in port hedland where BHP and Rio Tinto do a lot of exporting from and hopefully chicko will get some cows out of there too.

Also you would probably be aware that a big cyclone has just gone through Hedland, chicko was lucky enough to be staying at the caravan park in a cabin and managed to survive the storm. He is moving into a house this weekend so i just hope it hasn't been damaged so he can still move in.
I'll get some more on Port Hedland later, i am heading out now to see Roger compete in a traiahthlon I'll keep you posted on how he goes and hopefully we will be able to snap a pic of him in his speedos to post in here, hahaha.




 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the last photo, I love the water in Hedland its always beautiful. The salt photo you have is actually the smaller one, theres one triple that size in the middle of Port and South Hedland. I miss Hedland, the relaxed lifestyle. My family still live there, I was worried for them during the cyclone, but thankfully all they lost was a tree.

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats your phone number?-roberts

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats your phone number?
from roberts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home